Finding The Perfect Retirement Community in Dallas
The Villages of Lake Highlands is here to help you find the perfect retirement community in Dallas. We know what it takes to choose the right community for each individual. Because, the truth is, not all retirement communities are designed for every senior. You want to select a senior living community where you feel right at home. As you get started on your journey to select the best fit for your senior care needs, use this handy guide.
Types of Senior Living Communities
In Dallas, you have a plethora of senior living communities that are dedicated to a variety of budgets, lifestyles, and levels of care. Here are some of the many types you can choose from:
• Residential senior living communities
• Active senior communities
• Nursing homes
• Independent living communities
• Assisted living
• Continuous care retirement communities (CCRC)
• 55+ living communities
• In-home care
• Short-term respite care
• Adult daycare
• Aging in place community care
• Affordable senior living
• Memory care communities
In addition, you can choose among branded or lifestyle-based communities. Examples include:
• Congregational or religious communities
• Golf resort communities
• Military veteran senior communities
• University-based retirement communities
• Virtual retirement communities
As you consider which type of community would be best for your senior living needs, think about the following services, features, and applicable information.
Top Considerations for Senior Living
No matter what your senior living situation, you have some of the same main considerations as other seniors. You want to consider the following when deciding on the perfect retirement community in Dallas, Texas:
• How much a senior living community costs per month, annually, and for the expected term of your stay
• How you will pay for senior living, i.e., retirement funds, savings accounts, investment income, the sale of a property, health insurance, out of pocket, on credit card, via relatives, with government assistance, etc.
• Minimum age requirement for seniors, i.e., 55 years is typically the youngest that senior communities will accept residents
• Type of housing, i.e., apartments, suites, condos, townhomes, single-family homes, etc.
• Location of the senior living community and associated moving circumstances including expenses
• Level of care available, i.e., a minimal level of care in active living communities compared to an advanced level of care with skilled nursing communities
• Types of extracurricular activities, social events, sports, outings, programs, and senior community lectures available throughout the year
• Housekeeping services
• Meal and dining options
• Security capabilities
• Wi-Fi service
• Onsite medical care including physical therapy, occupational therapy, prescription medication, etc. that you need for your personal wellness
• Surrounding area for services including hospitals, doctors’ offices, shopping malls, outdoor activities, hotels, restaurants, museums, historic neighborhoods, tourist attractions, etc. for residents and visiting family members alike to enjoy
These are the types of services that you can expect when you choose the Villages of Lake Highlands as your preferred luxury retirement community in Dallas.
Choose Our Retirement Community in Dallas Today
At the Villages of Lake Highlands, we specialize in luxury retirement communities for seniors in the Dallas, Texas area. Thanks to modern amenities and upscale living and play environments, our residents and outpatient visitors have the best experience possible. At the same time, our 24 hours, seven days a week medical care and supervision ensure that everyone has the attention they need and deserve.
Our specialized services for seniors include skilled nursing, long term residential care, outpatient rehabilitation, memory care, and respite care. As part of our services, we have a team of psychiatrists, physical therapists, occupational therapists, physiatrists, and speech-language pathologists ready to assist our senior members. To request information about choosing our retirement community in Dallas, contact our office or call 214-221-0444.